I applied for the coneection and things were fine until the local exchange people told me the heart breaking fact.That exchange is running out of broadband slots I have to wait until somebody terminate their internet connection.
Again the search for net connection started.Reliance is providing net through wireless cards.But I have to purchase device for the small period and the rent is too high for a CDMA connection.Our cable provider (Asianet) has internet facility.But that is not available in my locality.Finally decided to activate Airtel Mobile Office in my mobile.
It is just 250/Month for unlimited usage.Speed is less.But due to the situation, I selected it.But after activating Airtel Mobile office, I came to know so many setting in my computer and mobile.Its too complicated I think.
Steps to activate Airtel Mobile Office and use in Win 7 computer through Nokia 5300 Express
- Call Airtel customer care in 121 and ask them to activate Mobile office.They will ask some questions about the account before activation.
- Some times it will take 24 hours to get the activation message and settings as per airtel.For me it took around 20 hours.
- Save the settings which are received in the mobile.
- In the mobile
- Goto Settings->Connectivity->Packet Data->Packet Data settings->Edit active access point
- Set Alias to Airtel.This name can be anything.Remember the name because we have to set this in some other place.
- Select Packet data access pt.Give the address airtelgprs.com there.
- Change the active access point to Airtel.(Or the name you gave in step 4.)
- Install the Nokia PC suite if you havn't installed.This will install the Nokia phone modem.
- Go to control panel and open the Phone and Modem Dialog .If you can't get the way to open the dialog directly, search for the "Modem" keyword at right side search box while you are in control panel.
- Open Modem Tab.There will be an entry for the Nokia 5300 modem.
- Select the modem and click on properties.
- In the advanced tab there will be "Extra initialization commands filed".Give AT+CGDCONT=1,”IP”,”airtelgprs.com”.
- If you can't edit that field, goto the General tab and click on the "Change settings" button.(Win7 security)
- Now click on the Network icon present in the system tray.The popup shows the new modem.
- Right click and connect.Give *99***1# as dialing number.Leave user name and password fileds blank.
- Done.The icon will change as connected.Enjoy browsing.